Douglasville Demographics & Area Statistics
We are home to more than 30,000 residents that enjoy a family-friendly environment with the benefits of a major city nearby. Our community offers excellent schools, a variety of cultural activities, great civic amenities, and a local community that welcomes everyone.
See our stats, here.
Fun Facts About Douglasville
- "Freedom Island" is Douglasville's commemoration of September 11th.
- Douglasville is home to Dorothy (Dot) Padgett - author of "Jimmy Carter: Elected President with Pocket Change and Peanuts."
- Douglasville is home to the largest Shopping Mall in West Georgia.
- Douglasville is home to a State Park - Sweetwater Creek State Park.
- Douglasville is home to two Olympians - Elana Meyers Taylor, Bobsled Bronze Medalist in Vancouver (2010), Silver Medalist in Sochi (2014) and Kristi Castlin Track and Field, Bronze Medalist in Rio (2016).
- Douglasville was founded in 1875.
- Douglasville was originally known as "Skint Chestnut."
- Douglasville's motto is, "New Growth, Old Charm, Always Home."
- Downtown Douglasville is a nationally designated Main Street city and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- One of Google's data centers calls Douglasville home.